Dark Brown Hand Dye
Inspiration from the deepest, darkest depths of the forest led to the creation of this intensely rich brown tone. Some might say that Dark Brown is nature’s alternative to black. Dark brown trousers and tops work perfectly with other natural earthy shades and Dark Brown in your home gives instant warmth and depth.
Also available in Fabric Dye – for machine use
DYLON Hand Dye Instructions
1. Weigh dry fabric. Wash thoroughly. Leave damp
2. Using rubber gloves, dissolve dye in 500ml warm water
3. Fill bowl/stainless steel sink with approx 6 litres warm water (40°C)
4. Stir in 250g (5tbsp) salt. Add dye & stir well
5. Submerge fabric in water
6. Stir for 15mins, then stir regularly for 45mins
7. Rinse fabric in cold water. Wash in warm water and dry away from direct heat & sunlight
• You will need 250g salt
• 1 pack dyes up to 250g fabric (e.g. shirt) to full shade or larger amounts to lighter shade
• Suitable fabrics: Cotton, linen and viscose. Wool, Silk, Polyester/cotton and polyester/viscose mixes will dye to lighter shade
• Not suitable: Pure polyester, acrylic, nylon & fabric with special finishes
• Wash separately for first few washes to remove any excess dye
• Please note: Colour mixing rules apply (e.g. blue on red gives purple)
• Hand dye can be used in the microwave to create special effects.
• For cotton, linen, silk and polyester/cotton mixes only.
• Micro-Dyeing is not suitable for wool, viscose or synthetic fabrics.
• DO NOT USE ON VISCOSE, AS FABRIC CAN GIVE OFF HARMFUL FUMES.
• Remove all metal on fabric (zips, studs, etc).
How To Use
1. Wash the fabric and leave damp.
2. Select your special effect and prepare the fabric by scrunching, knotting, twisting or folding - tie all fabrics tightly.
3. Wearing rubber gloves, empty the dye carefully into the bowl and gradually add 250 ml / ½ pint of hot water. Stir thoroughly to ensure dye is dissolved. Add further 250 ml / ½ pint of water.
4. Place the fabric in the bowl and work into the dye.
5. Put the bowl into a plastic bag or plastic wrap and place in the microwave. Set on ‘high’ for 4 minutes.
6. After 4 minutes remove the bowl from the oven - remember to protect your hands from the heat.
7. Tip away the dye solution and rinse the fabric in cold water. To protect the pattern do not undo any knots, twists, folds etc., until the water runs clear.
8. Rinse, wash and dry as for the Hand method.